City of Urbandale
''A growing city that has held on to its small-town charm.'' That's how most people would describe Urbandale, Iowa.
From the safe streets and neighborhoods, to the rich variety of parks and recreational opportunities, from the bustling business parks, to the top-notch schools, Urbandale is a community that has something for everyone.
First incorporated in 1917, in Urbandale you will find a thriving economy, low unemployment, excellent schools, and a wonderful variety of housing options. New residents and businesses are attracted to Urbandale for a wide variety of reasons. But when they arrive, they stay for one reason: Urbandale is a great place to live, work and raise a family.
- Parks and Recreation
- Sign Permits
Whom to Contact
- Honorable Robert D AndewegMayorPhone: (515) 283-3106Fax: (515) 278-3905
- Curtis BrownDirector of Economic DevelopmentPhone: (515) 331-6756Fax: (515) 331-6755
- Donald ''Don'' BrushCity TreasurerPhone: (515) 276-3544
- Michael CarverCouncil MemberPhone: (515) 226-8019
- Steve FranklinChief PlannerPhone: (515) 278-3935
- Tom GaymanCouncil Member
- Jan HerkePark and Recreation DirectorPhone: (515) 331-6793
- Jerry HoltFire ChiefPhone: (515) 278-3970
- A.J. JohnsonCity ManagerPhone: (515) 331-6705
- John KoniorAssistant to City ManagerPhone: (515) 331-6703
- Deb MainsCity ClerkPhone: (515) 331-6702
- Ross McCartyPolice ChiefPhone: (515) 278-3920
- Dave McKayDirector of Engineering & Public WorksPhone: (515) 278-3950
- Randy PetersonOfficer
- Ron PoggeCouncil MemberPhone: (515) 697-4268
- David RussellCouncil MemberPhone: (515) 278-3900Fax: (515) 331-6755
- Laura Sauser3600 N.W. 86th St.Urbandale, IA 50322-4057Phone: (515) 331-6764
- Annika SchilkeAssistant PlannerPhone: (515) 278-3935Fax: (515) 278-3927
- Melissa WaalkCommunity Relations OfficerPhone: (515) 278-3900Fax: (515) 331-6755
- Julie WellsLibrary DirectorPhone: (515) 278-3945
- Derek ZarnCommunications SpecialistPhone: (515) 278-3900
Urbandale is located just west of Des Moines at the crossroads of Interstate 80 and 35.